Local Coogee residents (i.e. “Not Happy Dan”) have asked for the promotion of this petition objecting to Dan Murphy’s licence to trade from the former Rugby Club building on Brook Street, Coogee.
In April 2018 the Land and Environment Court gave the green light for trading to commence. They have supplied us with the following background information.
- bulk liquor store green lighted for Coogee.
- 4 existing bottle shops within 500m.
- Massive scale incompatible with aresidential area in a heritage precinct.
- Out of area shoppers + daily deliveries = extra traffic snarls on Brook Street.
- Coogee beaches and parks are alcohol free.
- Evidence of alcohol related violence in Coogee.
- Coogee is beautiful and vibrant – it’s not the site for a bulk liquor store.